Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm So Ready To Meet Baby Bennett

I am so ready to meet this baby I am carrying. Thought it was going to happen yesterday, thought my water might have broken sometime between 2:30am and 3:30am, so I got up checked the pregnancy books, I don't know what is going on, this is a first for me. I woke up Chad and he decided it was better to go to the hospital and get it checked out rather than stay home. I was on the fence about it, since I didn't want to be embarrassed if it hadn't broke. Well it hadn't broke, and I was sent home. I have been having contractions off and on, never really any closer than an hour apart. But on the ride to the hospital they were like 12 minutes apart, and when they hooked me up to the monitor I could see that what I felt was really a contraction. My cervix is thinning, but is still closed. Baby's head is where it's suppose to be. The exam was brutal, man did that hurt and all day long. Chad is happy to be a boy!

I have so much pressure and discomfort that I am not enjoying this anymore. I am ready to meet this baby. Tuesday marks 38 weeks, and one week from my scheduled c-section. It's scheduled for August 3rd at 5pm. Will I make it to then? No one knows. I asked the doctor at the hospital on her opinion on whether I'll make it to the 3rd, and she said if not your baby will just have a different birthday. I am not picky on the birthday, I picked the 3rd mainly because it was the first day they gave me, plus I like then number 3, and it was a Tuesday. This baby was conceived on a Tuesday.

Now we are back to waiting! And hoping for not another embarrassing trip to the hospital to just get sent home. Those beds in maternity triage are the most uncomfortable beds, I hurt just from laying on that for 3 hours.

When oh when will Baby Bennett come, when oh when will that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment